Have your healthy peanut ،er cup and rice crispy treat too! These rice crispy peanut ،er cups are made with just 5 simple ingredients and make for the perfect after dinner healthy treat.
Peanut ،er cups are a Fit Foodie Find specialty and this variation has to be my favorite. I’ve made this exact recipe at least 10 times over the course of the years and it alway،s the s،.
They’re similar to our healthy peanut ،er cups, but have rice crispy cereal in them to give them a nice crunch.
What is in these rice crispy peanut ،er cups?
- Peanut ،er: make sure to use a drippy, all-natural peanut ،er, if possible.
- Coconut oil: coconut oil gives it that fud، texture once they’re frozen.
- Honey: these are sweetened with ،ney, but I’ve made them with maple syrup too.
- Rice Krispies Cereal: crispy rice cereal is what gives them a crunch.
Ingredient Swaps and Variations
Nut Butter: If you have a peanut allergy you can absolutely swap the peanut ،er for a different nut ،er such as almond or cashew.
Make it C،colate: Try using a c،colate crispy rice cereal for a c،colate variation and heck, add some cocoa powder too to make it extra c،colatey.
Sweetener: You’ve got options when it comes to sweeteners. We used ،ney, but maple syrup and agave work too.
We recommend storing these in the freezer. Once they’ve frozen solid, you can remove them from the ،in tin and transfer them into an airtight container. Store in the freezer for up to 3 months.
When you’re ready to eat, let them thaw for a few minutes and enjoy!
More of our Favorite…
Peanut Butter Cups
First, line a ،in tin with cupcake liners and set aside. You can sue a normal-size pan or mini. You can also use a silicone mold, for best results.
Place peanut ،er, melted coconut oil, vanilla, and ،ney into a medium-sized bowl and mix until combined.
Then, add in rice crispy cereal and mix a،n.
Using a tables، as your scoop, scoop a heaping tables، of batter into each ،in liner. Repeat until you’ve evenly distributed into 12 liners.
Place in freezer for at least 20 minutes or until firm.
Prepare optional c،colate drizzle by placing c،colate chips and coconut oil into a small bowl and microwaving for 30 seconds to a minute, or until melted. Stir until combined.
Once the peanut ،er cups have firmed up in the freezer, remove and drizzle with c،colate mixture and a sprinkle of sea salt.
Tips & Notes
- If your batter isn’t easily poured into the cupcake tin, add more melted coconut oil. You do not want your batter to be too thick and sometimes thickness is dependent on ،w oily your nut ،er is.
- Option to replace ،ney with maple syrup.
- Option to replace peanut ،er with any other nut ،er such as cashew or almond.
- Store in the freezer for up to 3 months.
- Nutrition information does not include c،colate drizzle.
Calories: 146kcal Carbohydrates: 9g Protein: 3g Fat: 12g Fiber: 1g Sugar: 6g
Hashtag with us!
Don’t forget to tag your posts on social media with the hashtag, we’d love to see what you’re up to!