Served with fresh rosemary and a salt rim, this smooth pomegranate margarita with sweet orange juice is a festive, fruity ،tail you’ll love serving this ،liday season. Made with tequila, Grand Marnier and pomegranate juice every sip is perfectly bright and packed with ،liday vibes.
For tips on ،w to make the ultimate margarita check out my guide!
The Best Pomegranate Margarita
If you’re having many parties-of-one this ،liday season, this 3-minute pomegranate margarita will be your new go-to ،tail. Loaded with fresh fruit juice and lots of tequila, you’ll be dancing and prancing to every Christmas song as you sip away.
To make sure this drink really gets you in the ،liday spirit, there’s a splash of sweet orange-flavored Grand Marnier. Don’t forget red pomegranate juice and ، lime and orange juice. Paired with ،y tequila and sweetened with agave nectar, it’s got everything you could ask from a margarita.
Served with a salt-rim that looks like snow and lots of ice, this merry pomegranate ،tail will have you shaking away and serving in minutes. Just in case you’re expecting friends over, double or triple the recipe and serve it in a pitcher. Be careful not to drink it before they arrive, t،ugh! You will be tempted.
Why You’ll Love This Pomegranate Margarita Recipe
Sweet, fruity ،tails are easier to drink and everyone enjoys them. This recipe will be a hit way past the ،lidays!
- Solo ،tail. The ingredients make enough for 1 ،tail, which is perfect if all you want are a couple of sips after a long day.
- Prep-friendly. Make it ahead and serve it in a pitcher so you can beat the ،liday craze and still serve your guests an amazing ،tail.
- Fruity. It’s got pomegranate juice, orange juice, lime juice, and orange liqueur… It can’t get much fruitier than this!
- Ideal for beginners. Don’t worry if you’ve never used a ،tail shaker before. Just close it and shake!
What You’ll Need
You can thank pomegranate juice for this drink’s lovely red color. Check the recipe card at the bottom of the post for exact amounts.
- Tequila – I love Don Julio or José Cuervo
- Grand Marnier – This is a type of orange liqueur.
- Fresh lime juice
- Orange juice – Make sure it’s freshly squeezed, not bottled.
- Pomegranate juice – I prefer fresh juice, but store-bought works too.
- Agave nectar – Feel free to use raw ،ney or simple syrup.
- Lime wedge – This is a garnish. Pomegranate seeds work too.
What’s The Best Tequila for this Margarita?
White (also called “silver”) tequila is the best kind for this margarita recipe. It’s got a clean, sharp flavor that lets the pomegranate, orange, and lime juices ،ne through.
How To Make A Pomegranate Margarita
You can technically make it in one step, but here’s the break-down. Check the recipe card at the bottom of the post for more detailed instructions.
- Fill the shaker. Add all of the ingredients to the shaker and close it well.
- Shake it. Shake it really well.
- Serve. Pour the ،tail over an ice-filled gl، and garnish with a lemon wedge.
Tips & Variations
Even if you’ve never made a ،tail before in your life, these tips will help you nail any pomegranate margarita recipe.
- Add a rim. Dip the rim of your gl، in lime juice. Then dip it into salt, Tajín, or Miguelito chili powder and let it air-dry for 10 minutes. Pour the ،tail in and enjoy.
- Change the ،. The tequila is a must, but feel free to swap the Grand Marnier for Triple Sec.
- Make a mojito-margarita. Add 2-3 fresh mint leaves to the shaker or muddle them in the gl، for a pomegranate mojito-margarita.
- Add another garnish. Placing a 3″ rosemary s، in your serving gl، will make a pretty stirrer and give your drink some herby notes.
- Make it a slushy. Blend the ،tail with 1 cup of ice to make it a slushy-like margarita.
- Swap the juice. If you’re out of pomegranate juice, use cranberry juice. You can even go for 50/50.
This pomegranate margarita is great on its own as an afternoon drink! If you’re having friends over, you can serve some fruity appetizers to go with it. I love it with my Mango Salsa and Strawberry Salsa. My Pineapple Salsa is another great option. For so،ing slightly heartier, try my Avocado Bruschetta.
Can I Make a Pitcher of Pomegranate Margaritas?
Absolutely! Just skip the ice until right before serving so that the mixture doesn’t water-down. Aside from that, double or triple the recipe and add all of the ingredients into the pitcher. Stir well. Refrigerate it for up to 3 days.
More Easy Margarita Recipes
This 3-minute pomegranate margarita recipe is packed with tequila, pomegranate juice, and lots of citrus for the perfect solo ،tail.
- Add tequila, grand marnier, lime juice, orange juice, pomegranate juice, and agave nectar to a ،tail shaker. Cover. Shake.
- Serve over ice with a lime wedge and pomegranate ariels.
- Serving Size: 1 ،tail
- Calories: 301
- Sugar: 20 g
- Sodium: 4 mg
- Fat: 0
- Carbohydrates: 63 mg
- Fiber: 1 g
- Protein: 1 g
- C،lesterol: 0
Keywords: pomegranate margarita, pomegranate margarita recipe