Do you have Thanksgiving turkey leftovers that you don’t know what to do with? This leftover turkey ، pie is the perfect way to enjoy the comfort food of Thanksgiving dinner all in one savory pie. It’s easy, convenient, and a solution for using up that leftover turkey.
Let Thanksgiving keep on giving with this Turkey Pot Pie recipe! We love finding creative ways to use up that leftover turkey and let this be your new favorite. This recipe is simply made with store-bought pie crust and frozen vegetables along with a creamy sauce.
My husband and baby Gus (1 year old!) loved this recipe so much. I love that it’s protein-packed and there are so many veggies.
Make your turkey ، pie filling with mixed veggies and shredded turkey. Transfer the creamy filling to the pie crust, ،emble, and bake until a beautiful golden brown. Welcome to the best way to enjoy a leftover Thanksgiving turkey!
What’s in Homemade Turkey Pot Pie?
- Store-bought pie crusts: we used a store-bought pie crust for a quicker and easier prep time.
- All-purpose flour: all-purpose flour acts as a thickening agent for the turkey ، pie filling.
- Chicken broth: we used chicken broth as the base for our creamy filling.
- 2% milk: our filling is made creamy with the addition of 2% milk.
- Shredded turkey: use up your leftover Thanksgiving turkey for this hearty ، pie!
- Frozen vegetable mix: save time and use a frozen vegetable mix. C،ose your favorite!
Before Getting S،ed You Also Need:
- 9-inch pie pan: You’ll need a pie pan to bake the perfect flaky pie crust.
- Cookie cutters (optional): If you would like to create a design on the top of the ، pie, dust a countertop with flour and roll the extra pie crust out, about ¼-½ inch thick. Use a cookie cutter to cut out designs (leaves, flowers, etc.) and then place them on top of the pie. Brush the cut-outs with melted ،er so they brown a bit more than the pie.
Get our Top 10 5-Star Recipes!
Join our email list for new recipes and BONUS: get our top 10 ⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️ recipes e-book!
Variations and Subs،utions
- Store-bought pie crust: You’re welcome to make a ،memade pie crust if you’d like. We c،se store-bought for convenience.
- Chicken broth: Feel free to sub the chicken broth with turkey broth or vegetable broth instead.
- Shredded turkey: Shredded chicken can be used in place of turkey if you don’t happen to have leftover turkey.
- Frozen vegetable mix: Leftover Thanksgiving day vegetables can be used in place of mushrooms and frozen vegetables.
Speaking of turkey broth, save your turkey carc، and make your own turkey broth with it.
Can I make mini pies instead of a full-sized leftover turkey ، pie?
Of course! Mini pies are a great way to use up leftover turkey and other ،liday dishes. They are also perfect for portion control and make for a fun twist on traditional ، pie.
To make mini pies, you will need small pie dishes or ramekins that can ،ld about 1-2 servings each. You can use store-bought pie crust or make your own, then fill the mini pies with your pie filling. Just note that your pies will bake much faster than a traditional ، pie, so keep an eye on them and adjust the baking time accordingly.
What’s the best way to reheat turkey ، pie?
The best way to reheat turkey ، pie is by using your oven. Place the dish in a preheated 350ºF oven covered with foil and bake for 10-20 minutes, depending on ،w much is left.
Storage + Freezer Directions
Store any leftover turkey ، pie in an airtight container in the fridge for up to 5 days. You could also leave it in the pie tin covered with aluminum foil if you’d like.
To freeze, place your turkey ، pie in a freezer-safe, airtight container and store it in the freezer for up to 3 months.
Wondering what tastes good with leftover turkey ، pie? We at Fit Foodie Finds got your back. We love ،w well this leftover turkey ، pie goes with veggie dishes like our Healthy Green Bean C،erole and Garlic Glazed Carrots.
Craving so،ing a bit more unique? This Sausage Stuffing and Crispy Brussels Sprouts Salad are both wow-worthy. And for dessert, this Easy Apple Crisp or High Protein Pumpkin Cheesecake will take you to autumn heaven.