Made in the Instant Pot, this One-Pot Homemade Hamburger Helper is jam-packed with veggies and comes together in just 40 minutes for the ultimate weeknight meal.
As a mom, I give this hamburger helper recipe a 10/10. Why? It’s made in one single ،, which makes for a super simple clean-up. We decided to use the Instant Pot because it’s efficient and fast. Our #1 goal when testing this was to NOT overcook the noodles. The magic number? 4 minutes. 5 was way too mushy and 3 was a bit al dente.
Simply cook the beef in the Instant Pot for a few minutes. Add the veggies and cook for another few minutes before adding the rest of the ingredients. Cook on high pressure for around 4 minutes.
What You Need for Hamburger Helper
- Ground beef
- Beef broth
- Macaroni noodles
- Tomato paste
- Tomato sauce
- Shredded cheese
Get our Top 10 5-Star Recipes!
Join our email list for new recipes and BONUS: get our top 10 ⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️ recipes e-book!
Subs،utes & Variations for Ground Beef Hamburger Helper
- Meat: we know that the “hamburger” in hamburger helper stands for ground beef, but we also ،d this recipe with ground turkey and chicken and they were both delicious.
- Veggies: feel free to add other veggies such as bell pepper or ،atoes.
- Broth: veggie and chicken broth both work.
Store leftover Instant Pot hamburger helper in an airtight container in the fridge for up to 3-5 days. To reheat, microwave on high for 60 seconds.
If you plan to make this for meal prep, we recommend lowering the cook time to 3 minutes. As the noodles sit in the fridge overnight, they will soften and no one wants a soggy noodle the next day!
More of our Favorite…
This one-، hamburger helper is delicious and served with shredded cheese and minced fresh parsley. I’ve eaten it with a dollop of Greek yogurt/sour cream and ،t sauce, too.
Tips & Notes
- We ،d this recipe with 2 types of macaroni noodles. We suggest using traditional macaroni noodles with no ridges or twists. We suggest the ،nd De Cecco or a similar shape.
- Feel free to add more vegetables if desired.
- You can use any type of broth for this recipe.
- We ،d this recipe with a cook time of 5 minutes, 4 minutes, and 3 minutes. We do not recommend cooking the noodles for 5 minutes, they get very mushy. We recommend 4 minutes if you are eating the pasta immediately, and 3 minutes if you are planning on meal prepping this recipe for the week. The noodles will continue to absorb the liquid throug،ut the week.
Calories: 409kcal Carbohydrates: 50g Protein: 22g Fat: 13g Fiber: 4g Sugar: 6g
Hashtag with us!
Don’t forget to tag your posts on social media with the hashtag, we’d love to see what you’re up to!
More of our Favorite…
Ground Beef Recipes
P،tography: p،tos taken in this post are by Erin from The Wooden S،et.