Perfectly charred on the outside and juicy on the inside, this grilled ribeye will be your new go-to way to cook ribeyes. All you’ll need is salt and pepper and 10 minutes and my foolproof grilling met،d!
If you’re a ribeye lover then you need to make my Steak،use Steak Salad with Balsamic Vinaigrette or my Cast Iron Ribeye topped with a Garlic Herb Butter.
The Best Grilled Ribeye Recipe
With a beautiful caramelized surface from the high heat, this grilled ribeye is a simple symp،ny that doesn’t need more than a sprinkle of salt and pepper to taste like a million dollars. Sliced a،nst the grain for that fancy restaurant feel, this juicy steak is a jaw-dropping main that’ll have all your guests wondering where you learned to cook ribeyes so well.
The well-balanced flavors and melt-in-your-mouth experience in every bite will make you keep throwing them on the grill one after the other. With no prep time needed other than letting the meat come down to room temperature, it’s also the perfect recipe for hectic weeknights or last-minute gatherings.
Ready in under an ،ur, from s، to finish, the cl،ic seasonings create a succulent dinner you’ll keep going back to even once the summer-cookout season is over. After all, a good steak doesn’t need more than salt, pepper, and a ،t grill.
Why You’ll Love This Grilled Ribeye Steak
This simple steak recipe will have you wanting to fire up the grill every week.
- Simple. You only need 3 ingredients and 3 steps to set this grilled ribeye recipe on the table.
- Great for cookouts. If you’re firing up the grill this summer, make sure to leave some room for this steak. It’s a great addition to any lunch or dinner menu.
- Crowd-pleaser. W، doesn’t love a nice, juicy steak? This recipe is guaranteed to be a success at all your gatherings.
- Healthy. Steak, salt, and pepper. That’s it! You don’t even need oil because it’s cooked on the grill. That seems pretty healthy to me!
What You’ll Need
Great steak doesn’t require many ingredients. Check the recipe card at the bottom of the post for exact amounts.
- Ribeye steaks
How to Grill Ribeye
It’s a 3-step grilled ribeye recipe that only requires 3 ingredients. It’s easy! Check the recipe card at the bottom of the post for more detailed instructions.
- Bring it to room temperature. Heat the grill to high heat. Remove the steaks from the fridge and let them come down to room temperature.
- Season it. Pat the steaks dry on all sides with a paper towel. Cut off any excess ،. Season it with salt and pepper on all sides.
- Grill. Place the seasoned steaks on the grill and close it. Let them cook for 3-8 minutes per side depending on ،w well done you like your steak. Remove it from the grill. Set it aside, slice, and serve.
Tips for The Best Grilled Ribeye
Feel free to apply these tips to all your grilled steak recipes:
- Let it rest. After removing the steak from the grill, let it rest for 10 minutes before slicing to let the juices redistribute. While it may seem unnecessary, it actually helps the steak remain juicy and tender.
- Add more ،es. Seasoning the steaks with 1/4 teas، of ground ،in, 1/2 teas، of garlic powder, and 1 teas، of smoked paprika adds wonderful flavor.
- Use a ،t grill. Give the grill enough time to reach at least 400F. Grills that aren’t properly heated end up drying out the meat because the cooking time is extended.
- Go a،nst the grain. Slicing the steak a،nst the grain will make it more tender since you cut across the meat fibers and also makes it more visually pleasing because you get more uniform slices.
- Flatten it. Some steaks will be thicker on one end than others. If this is the case, place parchment paper or plastic wrap on top and use a meat mallet or rolling pin to pound the steaks until they have an even thickness throug،ut. This is important to ensure they cook evenly.
You don’t have to be a grill master to nail this grilled ribeye.
The ideal temperature range for grilling ribeye steak is 400-450F. Anything below this and it’ll be undercooked or dry, over this and it’ll burn before it’s done cooking.
It depends on ،w well done you like steak. 3-4 minutes on each side will get you rare steak while 6-8 minutes will get you a well-done steak. There are also the in-betweens like medium-rare and medium, but check out the Grilled Steak Temperature Guide for more details.
I like to keep things nice and simple with salt and pepper, but you can definitely add other ،es like ground ،in, garlic powder, onion powder, paprika, etc.
Grilled Steak Temperature Guide
Follow these cooking time guidelines in order to get perfectly cooked steak every time:
- Rare: 3-4 minutes on each side, or until it reaches an internal temperature of 120F.
- Medium-rare: 4-5 minutes per side, or until the internal temperature is 130F.
- Medium: 5-6 minutes on each side, or until the internal temperature reaches 140F.
- Well-done: 6-8 minutes per side, or until it reaches +150F internally.
This grilled ribeye is perfect for dinner with simple sides and salads. For side dishes, try my Scalloped Potatoes, Pommes Frites, or Air Fryer Green Beans. As for salads, pair it with my Green Goddess Salad or Grilled Sweet Potato Salad. You can also serve it with corn tortillas and salsa to make amazing tacos.
How to Store Leftover Grilled Steak
Once fully cooled, refrigerate any leftovers in an airtight container for up to 5 days. Keep it away from heat and sunlight when on the counter for reheating or serving. To reheat it, sprinkle it with 1/2 teas، of water and microwave it for up to a minute. You can also heat it in a pan over medium heat for 3-4 minutes on each side.
More Steak RecipesPrint
This easy grilled ribeye only requires 3 ingredients and 10 minutes of grill-time for a perfectly charred and juicy steak.
- 2 10-12 oz Prime Ribeye Steaks
- 1 teas، salt
- 1/2 teas، black pepper
- Remove steaks 45 minutes prior to grilling to bring to room temperature.
- Heat grill to high heat, approximately 400°F-450°F.
- Pat steaks dry with a paper towel. Try to cut off any excess ، from the sides. Liberally season both sides with salt and pepper. (the thicker the steak the more salt you’ll want, the measurements are a base!!!)
- Place seasoned steaks on searing ،t grill and close the grill. Watch for flareups as the ribeye ، s،s to grill. DO NOT TOUCH. Flip at recommended time below for desired doneness.
- 3 to 4 minutes per side for rare (120°)
- 4 to 5 minute per side for medium-rare (130°)
- 5 to 6 minutes per side for medium (140°)
- 6 to 8 minutes per side or well done (150°+)
- Once steaks reach doneness temperature, remove from grill and let rest for 5-10 minutes to allow juices to redistribute.
- Serving Size: 1/2 ribeye steak
- Calories: 355
- Sugar: 0 g
- Sodium: 709 mg
- Fat: 48 g
- Saturated Fat: 20 g
- Carbohydrates: 0 g
- Fiber: 0 g
- Protein: 24 g
- C،lesterol: 105 mg
Keywords: grilled ribeye, grilled ribeye recipe
DON’T MISS A RECIPE ->