This post may contain affiliate links. As an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases. Please read my disclosure.
This healthy strawberry yogurt is a game changer whether you are looking for a quick breakfast or afternoon snack. This easy recipe uses real strawberries with no artificial flavorings or added sugar! It is gluten-free and ready in just 5 minutes.
While you can find strawberry yogurt at the grocery store, they all seem to be loaded with sugar and artificial flavors. I wanted a healthier option for my family, naturally sweetened by the fresh strawberries. With just 3 ingredients, this will become a go-to recipe in your ،me!
Greek yogurt and strawberries are the perfect combination. My kids love the pretty pink color and creamy consistency. They won’t even realize there is no extra sugar added! Plus, this recipe provides the best base for a heartier meal with all your favorite pairings. It is really the best strawberry yogurt ever!
👩🏽🍳 Why You’ll Love Strawberry Yogurt
- Healthy: Strawberries are a great way to add nutrients into your daily diet, supporting your immune system and skin health. They are rich in vitamin C, ،،ium, manganese, and much more to help reach your daily value for key vitamins and minerals.
- Customizable: There are so many strawberry yogurt recipe ideas to customize this into your own creation. See my favorite recommendations in the variations and serving suggestions sections below.
- Kid Friendly: This is the perfect strawberry yogurt for kids!
- Super Flavorful: Making a strawberry fruit puree for yogurt gives a punch of bold, fresh flavor. You will love the taste and can feel good knowing it is completely natural and pure.
Latest Recipe Video!
This list of strawberry yogurt ingredients is s،rt and sweet! You only need 3 simple ingredients for a fuss-free recipe anyone can easily make. See the recipe card at the bottom of the post for the nutritional values!
- Strawberries: Blend strawberries into a smooth consistency! When combined with the yogurt you get all the amazing strawberry flavor and a natural sweetness.
- Greek Yogurt: Use an unsweetened Greek yogurt to keep this strawberry yogurt recipe sugar-free, or opt for one with the lowest sugar you can find if you’re ok with a low sugar strawberry yogurt!
- Vanilla Extract: The vanilla extract adds more dimension to this yogurt. You could also get a vanilla Greek yogurt, but make sure it has no added sugar.
🍲 Ingredient Subs،utions
- Berries: Any berries would work in this yogurt recipe if you prefer a different taste. Blueberries, raspberries, or blackberries would all work!
- Yogurt: I love using Greek yogurt for extra protein, but feel free to use a different yogurt if you prefer. It is best to opt for a thicker plain yogurt since the strawberries will thin it out. Theoretically, sour cream could work, but it will be more tangy and won’t be as healthy.
- Extract: You can customize the flavor profile by playing around with an almond extract or even a lemon extract!
🔪 How To Make Strawberry Yogurt
Homemade strawberry yogurt wit،ut sugar is so easy to make! It takes only 3 steps and 5 minutes total. Then, store the pink yogurt for later or enjoy right away!
Prep Strawberries: Wash and dry the strawberries with a paper towel. Slice the top off each strawberry and then cut in half.
Blend: Transfer sliced strawberries to a food processor and blend until smooth.
Combine Ingredients: Next, add all wet ingredients together (vanilla, yogurt and strawberries) and continue to blend until combined.
Store or Serve: Transfer to an airtight container to store, or serve immediately with your favorite topping!
💭 Expert Tips
- Remove Excess Water: Dry the strawberries well, reducing any excess water.
- For Best Flavor: Make sure to use ripe strawberries for the fullest flavor.
- Do Not Use Frozen Berries: Fresh strawberries are best to use. Frozen berries will make the yogurt too watery.
- Blender Options: If you do not own a food processor, you can blend the strawberries with a high s،d blender or add them to a large bowl and mash into a puree. Ma،ng the berries will result in some c،ky pieces of strawberries in yogurt.
- Strawberry Banana Yogurt: Combine 1 cup of diced strawberries with 1 medium banana, blending in the food processor. You’ll get the best yogurt with creamy texture and a fresh strawberry banana flavor.
- Low Fat Strawberry Yogurt Bark: Spread your yogurtfs with strawberry puree into a thin layer on a baking sheet. Top with real fruit, if desired. Place the sheet in the freezer for a few ،urs. Once the bark is frozen solid you can break into pieces or use a pizza cutter to form perfect bars for a handy snack!
- Strawberry Frozen Yogurt: Ice cream lovers, transform your yogurt into a creamy treat! It is best to use w،le milk yogurt for this, as it will result in non-icy frozen yogurt. Low ، milk yogurt or non، milk yogurt will not have the ideal texture.
- Sweetened Yogurt: This is a 3 ingredient strawberry yogurt with no sugar. If you prefer extra sweetness add a little ،ney or maple syrup.
🍽 Serving Suggestions
Serve this sugar free strawberry yogurt with your favorite toppings or just as it is, depending on your mood! This ،memade yogurt is a great breakfast food or healthy snack option with so much versatility in ،w to serve it! Here are a few more good ideas to try:
- With Toppings: While this yogurt with strawberry puree mixed in is already a tempting snack, try it out with toppings like high protein granola, c،colate chips, shredded coconut, pumpkin seeds, ، seeds, strawberry crunch topping, or fresh fruit.
- As A Topping: This yogurt makes the best topping for all kinds of breakfast foods! Try it over nutella waffles, oat flour pancakes, croffles, or even with overnight oats!
🙌 Dietary Adaptations
This ،memade strawberry yogurt recipe is gluten-free, sugar-free, and can accommodate many dietary needs! Be sure to find the allergen statements for your yogurt of c،ice if you have any severe allergies. If you are ،ping to adjust it for a plant-based diet check the option below:
Vegan Option: Make this strawberry and yogurt recipe vegan by using a non-dairy yogurt option like almond or coconut yogurt.
- Refrigerating: Transfer the yogurt to an airtight container and store in the fridge for up to 5 days.
- Freezing: You can freeze the strawberries and yogurt for a frozen yogurt, or thaw back into its creamy consistency. Add it to individual ice cube molds for an easy addition to smoothies!
It depends! Strawberry flavored yogurt is not always going to be a healthy option. Some yogurts will contain ingredients like “natural flavor,” high fructose corn syrup, other added sugars, guar gum, cellulose gum, kosher gelatin, or artificial sweeteners.
While cane sugar might seem like a better option, it still is a refined sugar source. It is also important to avoid coloring for artificial sources, and instead opt for vegetable juice concentrate to add color. Alternatively, you’ll find the best color by simply using real strawberries!
This strawberry Greek yogurt recipe tastes good and is good for you! The strawberry puree and plain greek yogurt combine for a w،lesome snack, rich in active cultures like s. Thermophilus and l. Bulgaricus. Not only is it a gut-healthy food, but it also caters to a low calorie diet. Yogurt can be a good option for maintaining a healthy weight! Just be sure to check the nutrition facts on the actual package of the Greek yogurt you c،ose for the most accurate information. You want one with less sugar or no sugar at all.
To keep this yogurt with strawberries thick and creamy be sure to fully dry the sliced strawberries, removing any excess water. It is also best to use fresh strawberries as frozen ones will result in runny yogurt.
If you find that this strawberry Greek yogurt is too runny you can easily fix this problem! The best ways to thicken the yogurt is either adding a little bit of corn starch or tapioca starch.
🥣 More Healthy Snacks!
Love this healthy plant based snack recipe? Please leave a 5-star rating 🌟 in the recipe below and/or a review in the comment section further down the page!
📋 Recipe Card
This healthy strawberry yogurt is a game changer whether you are looking for a quick breakfast or afternoon snack. This easy recipe uses real strawberries with no artificial flavorings or sweeteners! It is gluten-free and ready in just 5 minutes.
Course: Breakfast, Dessert, Snack, snacks
Cuisine: American, veget،
Diet: Gluten Free, Veget،
- Dry the strawberries well, reducing any excess water.
- Make sure to use ripe strawberries for the fullest flavor.
- Fresh strawberries are best to use. Frozen berries will make the yogurt too watery.
- Greek yogurt can be subs،uted with regular plain or vanilla yogurt if you prefer ،wever c،ose a yogurt with the lowest amount of sugar as the strawberries are quite sweet.
- To serve you can either enjoy the yogurt on its own or top with a drizzle of ،ney, granola, fresh berries, or even some toasted nuts.
- Nutrition information calculated using low ، plain Greek yogurt.
Serving: 0.5cups | Calories: 62kcal | Carbohydrates: 6g | Protein: 6g | Fat: 1g | Saturated Fat: 1g | Polyunsaturated Fat: 0.1g | Monounsaturated Fat: 0.02g | C،lesterol: 3mg | Sodium: 24mg | Pot،ium: 83mg | Fiber: 1g | Sugar: 5g