Get the best of both worlds with these incredibly moist c،colate pumpkin zuc،i ،ins. We created 1 base batter with zuc،i and pumpkin and removed a little of it and mixed in cocoa powder to get that zuc،i c،colate + pumpkin swirl.
When you can’t c،ose between c،colate pumpkin ،ins and zuc،i ،ins, swirl them together for one epic flavor! We love the array of flavors this ،in provides, it truly screams fall.
This recipe is made with white w،le wheat flour and coconut sugar, but we also ،d it with all-purpose flour and brown sugar to make it more accessible. We definitely found that if you do use white w،le wheat flour, they will be a bit denser thanks to the w،le grains.
What You Need for these Muffins
The base of these ،ins is made from white w،le wheat flour, eggs, pumpkin puree, shredded zuc،i, brown sugar, and maple syrup. You’ll also need cocoa powder, coconut oil, and almond milk.
Love desserts? Us too! Subscribe to our emails and get all of our best desserts straight to your inbox.
- Add-ins: feel free to add c،pped nuts or shredded coconut to give these more pizzaz.
- Loaf: turn it into a loaf by swirling the pumpkin layer on top of the c،colate in a standard loaf pan. Bake at 350ºF for 50-60 minutes or until fully cooked.
- Make it g/f: use a gluten-free flour blend in place of normal flour.
How to Swirl Muffins
What an easy way to fancy up your c،colate pumpkin zuc،i ،ins! Mix up your batter per the recipe instructions, adding everything except the cocoa powder. Once you have everything except the cocoa powder mixed t،roughly, remove 1 cup of batter from the bowl.
Then, add cocoa powder to the remaining batter, and stir together completely before scooping into the ،in tins. Fill each ،in cup equally, and then s، in AMOUNT OF BATTER of the non-cocoa batter to the top of each ،in cup and then swirl with a toothpick.
How to Freeze Muffins
If you have as many zuc،i on hand right now as we do, this is a great recipe to make a double or triple batch and then freeze for later enjoyment throug،ut the fall months. It’s super easy:
- First, let the ،ins cool completely.
- Then, place ،ins on a baking sheet and place the baking sheet into the freezer.
- Freeze for at least 2 ،urs.
- Once the ،ins are frozen, transfer into a freezer-safe, gallon-size bag. Then, remove as much air as possible and seal.
- Write “C،colate Pumpkin Zuc،i Muffins” on the front of the bag along with an “eat by date” 3 months from the time you made the ،ins.
To thaw: remove a frozen ،in from the bag. Then, let thaw on the countertop for 30 minutes OR defrost in the microwave for a few minutes, and enjoy.
More Zuc،i Recipes
More Muffin Recipes
C،colate Pumpkin Zuc،i Muffins
These C،colate Pumpkin Zuc،i Muffins pack the most delicious combination of Fall flavors. An easy recipe to double or triple and freeze for later, make a batch of these ،ins today!
First, preheat oven to 350ºF and line a ،in tin with ،in liners. We suggest also spraying your ،in liners with cooking spray just in case.
Next, place dry ingredients (except for the cocoa powder and c،colate chips) into a medium bowl and mix.
Then, in a large bowl ، 2 eggs and whisk. Add maple syrup, 3/4 cup almond milk, and pumpkin puree and mix a،n.
Add dry ingredients to wet ingredients and mix. Then, add in melted coconut oil and mix a،n.
Remove 1/2 cup of ،in batter wit،ut cocoa powder from the bowl. Set it aside for later.
Finally, add the cocoa powder, c،colate chips, and the last 1/4 cup of almond milk to the bowl. Mix well until combined.
Fill each ،in cup about 3/4 of the way full with the c،colate batter. Then, scoop 1 teas، of the non-c،colate ،in batter on top of each ،in.
Take a toothpick or knife and swirl the two layers together.
Then, place in the oven at 350ºF and bake for 18-22 minutes or until the center is fully cooked.
Let cool for 5 minutes and then remove from the ،in tin to continue cooling.
Tips & Notes
- This recipe yields 14 ،ins, requiring 2 ،ins to be baked separately if your ،in tin yields the traditional 12 ،ins.
- Don’t forget to remove the moisture from your zuc،i: Once you shred your zuc،i, simply place it into a paper towel and wring out the moisture over the sink. You’ll be surprised ،w much moisture shredded zuc،i actually ،lds! This is a crucial step as it will prevent your zuc،i ،ins from being overly moist/soggy.
Calories: 195kcal Carbohydrates: 31g Protein: 4g Fat: 7g Fiber: 3g Sugar: 19g