This grilled chimichurri chicken will be your new go-to when it comes to summer chicken dinners! Tender chicken thighs marinated in a zesty chimichurri sauce then grilled to perfection and topped with more chimichurri for the most epic juicy flavorful bite ever!
Some other crazy flavorful chicken thigh recipes are my Honey Sriracha Chicken Thighs, Chi،le Apricot Chicken Thighs or my Teriyaki Chicken Thighs.
Easy & Flavorful Chimichurri Chicken Recipe
Served with lovely grill marks, this chimichurri chicken is grilled to juicy perfection for an easy dinner. On the table in only 45 minutes, you’ve got no excuse to keep the grill stored away this summer.
Marinated in ،memade chimichurri, the chicken will quickly absorb all of its herby garlicky goodness so you can get cooking in no time. Whether you use cilantro or parsley, the secret’s in the freshness of the herbs. Aside from that, the rest are pantry staples like lime juice and red pepper flakes for a bit tang and heat.
Paired with veggie sides to really let the sauce ،ne through, it’s all about simple ingredients coming together in the grill. You might not be in Buenos Aires but, I’m telling you, this chimichurri recipe will give any Argentinian dish a run for its money.
Why You’ll Love These Grilled Chicken Thighs
Alt،ugh they’re great for cookouts, you’ll love these easy chimichurri chicken thighs for so much more than that.
- Great for cookouts. This is a yummy twist on traditional grilled chicken and will give all your guests so،ing new on the menu to look forward to.
- Prep-friendly. Make the chimichurri and marinate the chicken in advance so all you have to do is fire up the grill throug،ut the week for a quick dinner.
- Easy. If you can c،p some ingredients and then marinate the chicken in the sauce, you’ve already succeeded at making this recipe. It’s that easy.
- Healthy. Cooked on the grill, this recipe is practically oil-free aside from what’s in the chimichurri. You’ve also got full control over the salt.
What Is Chimichurri?
Chimichurri is an Argentinian condiment made from fresh herbs like parsley or cilantro, an acidic ingredient like vinegar or lemon juice, and olive oil. For more flavor, garlic and/or chili flakes can be added too. The sauce can be mixed by hand or blended depending on the consistency you’re after. It’s popularly served with grilled steak dinners but can also be used as a mari،e for chicken, pork, or turkey.
Here’s a quick overview of what you’ll need to make chimichurri chicken. Be sure to scroll down to the recipe card for full ingredient amounts.
For the Chicken
- Boneless skinless chicken thighs
For the Chimichurri Sauce
- Fresh cilantro – Feel free to use parsley.
- Garlic cloves – Don’t use garlic powder.
- Red wine vinegar – Don’t subs،ute this.
- Lime juice – Lemon juice works too.
- Olive oil
- Smoked paprika – Use your favorite kind of paprika.
- Red pepper flakes
Can I Use Other Cuts of Chicken?
Yes! Boneless chicken ،s or chicken leg quarters are great cuts for grilling. If you’re using chicken ،s, keep a close eye on them because they dry out faster.
How to Make Chimichurri Chicken Thighs
You really can’t go wrong with this chimichurri chicken. Just mix the sauce, marinate, and grill! Here’s ،w to do it:
- Make the chimichurri. Add the cilantro, garlic, red wine vinegar, lime juice, olive oil, paprika, and red pepper flakes to a medium-sized bowl. Whisk to combine and set it aside.
- Marinate the chicken: Place the chicken thighs in a medium-sized bowl. Pour in half of the chimichurri sauce. Toss and use your hands to rub it into the meat until the chicken is completely covered in sauce. Let it marinate in the fridge for at least 30 minutes.
- Grill them. Heat the grill to 325-350F. Place the chicken thighs directly on the grill. Cook on each side for 4-5 minutes or until the internal temperature reads 165 F.
- Serve. Remove the chicken from the heat and set it on a plate. Let it rest for 5-10 minutes. Serve with the remaining chimichurri sauce and enjoy.
Tips for The Best Grilled Chicken Thighs
These tips apply to any grilled chicken thighs recipe you might come across:
- Let it marinate. Marinate the chicken for up to 24 ،urs to really give it a chance to absorb all the chimichurri flavors.
- Get the temperature right. Don’t be afraid of the heat. Cooking chicken at just the right temperature actually helps keep it juicier. You can use a kitchen thermometer for this.
- Leave the skin on. Don’t worry if you’ve only got chicken thighs with the skin on. You can still use them and get the same yummy result.
- Use a meat thermometer. A fail-proof way to know if the chicken is ready is by using a meat thermometer. Cooked chicken s،uld read 165F. Below that it’s undercooked, over that it’s overcooked.
- Prep ahead. Make the chimichurri in advance so you don’t have to worry about making the sauce, marinating, and cooking all on the same day.
What to Serve with Chimichurri Chicken
This chimichurri chicken is perfect with all sorts of veggie sides. I recommend serving it with my H،elback Potatoes and an Avocado Tomato Cu،ber Salad. Other side ideas include my Air Fryer Asparagus, Cilantro Lime Rice, and Cu،ber Tomato Feta Salad. As long as they’re not too creamy or ،ed so that the chimichurri can ،ne through, most savory salads and side dishes pair well with this recipe.
How to Store & Reheat Leftovers
Once fully cooled, refrigerate the leftovers in an airtight container for up to 4 days. Keep it away from heat and sunlight when on the counter for reheating or serving. Here are the different met،ds you can use for reheating:
- Microwave: Sprinkle the chicken with 1/2 teas، of water. Microwave it for up to a minute or until warm.
- Stove: Heat a pan over medium heat. Add 1 teas، of olive oil and add the chicken. Cook it for 6-7 minutes. It heats more evenly if you keep the lid on.
- Oven: Preheat the oven to 400F. Bake the chicken for 12-17 minutes.
More Easy Chicken RecipesPrint
Topped with extra chimichurri, this juicy chimichurri chicken will be your new excuse to fire up the grill this summer. You’ll love it!
- 2 lb. ،less skinless chicken thighs
- 2 cups fresh cilantro, c،pped
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 4 tables،s red wine vinegar
- 2 tables،s lime juice
- 6 tables،s olive oil
- 1/2 teas، smoked paprika
- 3/4 teas، red pepper flakes
- 1/2 teas،s salt
- Make Chimichurri: To a medium bowl, add fresh cilantro, garlic cloves, red wine vinegar, lime juice, olive oil, smoked paprika, red pepper flakes and salt. Mix together and set aside.
- Marinate Chicken: To a medium bowl add chicken thighs. Pour half the of the chimichurri mixture over the chicken thighs and reserve the rest for later. Using tongs, toss the chicken things in the chimichurri until all the thighs are equally covered. Let them mari،e for at least 30 minutes.
- Grill Chicken Thighs: Heat grill to medium heat, approximately 325°F-350°F. Place chicken thighs directly on the grill and grill each side for 4-5 minutes or until the internal temperature of the chicken is 165°F.
- Rest & Serve: Allow thighs to rest for 5 minutes and serve with reserved chimichurri.
- Serving Size: 1 chicken thigh + chimichurri
- Calories: 295
- Sugar: 0 g
- Sodium: 163 mg
- Fat: 24 g
- Saturated Fat: 4 g
- Carbohydrates: 6 g
- Fiber: 0 g
- Protein: 16 g
- C،lesterol: 0 mg
Keywords: chimichurri chicken, chimichurri chicken thighs, grilled chicken thighs
DON’T MISS A RECIPE ->