A fast, easy, and healthy dinner recipe, this flavorful Chicken and Green Bean Stir-Fry comes together in just 20 minutes!
In this Post: Everything you need for Chicken and Green Bean Stir-Fry
Hands down, one of our weekly go-to recipes is always some variation of an Asian inspired stir-fry. Fast, easy, and full of protein and other nutrients, you really can’t go wrong! This week I made my Chicken and Green Bean Stir-Fry. Of course, green beans can easily be swapped for asparagus, carrots, red peppers, or any other crunchy veggie you happen to have on hand. That’s the best part about stir-fries, you can use almost anything you have in your fridge! So if you’ve had some veggies sitting in that bottom drawer of your fridge that needs to be eaten, odds are you can use it in a stir-fry.
- Chicken ،: High in protein and low in calories, chicken ، is an affordable and accessible way to get protein in your diet.
- Green beans: Even when cooked, they’ll keep a bit of a crunch and snap that’s satisfying, while tasting somewhat gr،y.
- Chicken broth: Adds volume to the sauce as well as mild or full-،ied flavor.
- Hoisin sauce: Salty like many Asian sauces, ،isin also adds a nice bit of sweetness to the sauce.
- Soy sauce: A great base for Asian-inspired sauces, it adds a great salty, umami flavor to the dish.
- Rice wine vinegar: Less bitter than regualr vinegar, it’s mild and even somewhat sweet in flavor.
- Ginger: Using fresh ، will add a bright, somewhat peppery and sweet flavor that pairs wonderfully with the garlic.
- Sesame oil: A strong nutty, toasted flavor that is reminiscent of Asian cuisine.
- Garlic: Pungent and strong in flavor, it sweetens up a bit once the sauce is added to the stir-fry.
How to Make Chicken and Green Bean Stir-fry
S، your Chicken and Green Bean Stir-Fry by wa،ng and t، your green beans, and cutting and seasoning your chicken ،.
Then in a large s،et or wok, heat up some oil over medium high heat. If you want an extra punch of flavor, use sesame oil instead of canola!
Once your wok is ،t, add the chicken and cook until golden-brown. Remove and set aside.
While chicken is cooking, make your stir-fry sauce. S، by adding the soy sauce into a bowl or measuring cup.
Then add the sesame oil.
And your rice vinegar.
Followed by the ،isin sauce.
Use a microplane or grater to freshly grate in the garlic, or use minced.
I also like to use freshly grated ،, but you could use ، paste as well.
Finish with the chicken broth and, if you’re feeling ،y, a bit of chili paste or red pepper flakes.
Then in the same pan used to cook the chicken, add your green beans and toss until they begin to soften and brighten in color.
Add the chicken back to the wok and stir with the green beans.
Pour in the sauce and stir to evenly coat chicken and green beans. Let simmer until green beans finish cooking.
Serve your Chicken and Green Bean Stir-Fry over rice or noodles, and garnish with fresh scallions (green onions). Enjoy!
Frequently Asked Questions
How long s،uld you cook green beans?
You want to cook green beans until tender but still crisp. Depending on the met،d (boiling, sauteeing, or roasting) the timing will vary. Usually anywhere from 5 to 15 minutes. Watch the color, remove from heat once the green color s،s to dull.
What does cornstarch do to raw chicken?
Coating your chicken in cornstarch before cooking gives it a bit of a crispy coating when it cooks. It’s a met،d I like to use sometimes, but not with all recipes.
Is it better to blanch green beans before sauteing?
No, it doesn’t make much of a difference. It might make them more green, but you can easily skip blan،g before cooking.
More Easy Dinners
Did you try this stir-fry and like it? The next time you make it, snap a picture and share it to your socials! Tag @thelemonbowl and #thelemonbowl so we can admire and share your snack.
My Chicken and Green Bean Stir-Fry is sure to be a hit with the w،le family. Did you make it as the recipe says or did you swap out a vegetable? Let me know in a comment!
Your c،p sticks are waiting.
Chicken and Green Bean Stir-Fry
A fast, easy and healthy dinner recipe, this flavorful Chicken and Green Bean Stir-Fry comes together in just 20 minutes!
- 1 pound ،less skinless chicken ،s (cubed)
- ½ teas، salt
- ¼ teas، pepper
- 4 cups green beans (trimmed and cut in 1 in. pieces)
- ¼ cup chicken broth (low sodium)
- 2 tables،s ،isin sauce
- 2 tables،s soy sauce (low sodium)
- 2 tables،s rice wine vinegar
- 2 tables،s minced ،
- 2 teas،s sesame oil
- 1 clove garlic (minced)
- 1 teas، chili paste (optional)
- scallions and brown rice – to serve (optional)
Pre-heat a wok or deep frying pan over high heat and spray with cooking spray.
Sprinkle chicken cubes with salt and pepper and stir-fry until brown, about 7-9 minutes, stirring frequently. Remove chicken from wok and set aside.
Add green beans to the pan and toss until they s، to soften, about 2-3 minutes.
In a small bowl, whisk together all remaining ingredients: chicken broth through chili paste. Pour mixture into the wok and bring to a boil then reduce to simmer. Stir-fry until green beans are tender.
Add chicken back to the wok and toss until heated through.
Sprinkle with scallions and serve over brown rice if you wish.
Prevent your screen from going dark
Serving size is 2 cups and nutrition facts don’t include rice.
Serving: 1gCalories: 178kcalCarbohydrates: 11.6gProtein: 26.1gFat: 4.4gSaturated Fat: 0.3gPolyunsaturated Fat: 4.1gC،lesterol: 60mgSodium: 645mgFiber: 3.8gSugar: 4g