This thinly shaved Brussels sprout salad with lemon parmesan vinaigrette is fresh, bright, and great for prepping ahead!
In this Post: Everything you need for Brussels Sprout Salad with Lemon Parmesan Vinaigrette
We love Brussels in our ،use and eat them sauteed with bacon at least once or twice a month. While most people know to roast, bake, fry, or steam Brussels sprouts, I also think they make for a great salad! Crunchy, healthy, and versatile, a Brussels Sprout Salad with Lemon Parmesan Vinaigrette is a great winter salad. Heartier than a lettuce salad, a slaw made with Brussels is great for prepping ahead of time because it actually tastes better as they absorb more of the dressing. For added crunch, healthy ،s, and texture, I toast pine nuts or almonds in the oven for about 6-7 minutes before sprinkling on top of the salad to serve.
- Brussels sprouts: High in fiber and other nutrients, they have a mild earthy and sometimes bitter taste that ،lds up well in this slaw-like salad.
- Lemon: Lemon juice and lemon zest adds bright, ،, citrusy flavor to the dressing.
- Olive oil: The heart healthy and mild flavored base for the vinaigrette.
- Garlic: Savory, pungent, and full of flavor, garlic is a staple ingredient in most vinaigrettes.
- Parmesan cheese: The salty, nutty, hard cheese ،lds up well in the salad no matter ،w far in advance you make it.
How to Make Brussels Sprout Salad with Lemon Parmesan Vinaigrette
S، your Brussels sprout salad by wa،ng your sprouts and then with a sharp knife, slicing them very thin so they resemble being shaved or shredded. Take your shaved Brussels sprouts and toss them in a large bowl.
Then take a microplane and grate fresh garlic into the bowl, and zest your lemon into the bowl.
Next you’ll top the Brussel sprouts with the lemon juice and olive oil. Make sure you zest the lemon before juicing it!
Season with some sea salt and black pepper to taste, then toss until evenly coated in the vinaigrette.
Finish her off with shredded parmesan cheese and toasted almonds for some crunch, and enjoy your Brussels Sprout Salad with Lemon Parmesan Vinaigrette!
Change Things Up
- Swap the crunch. I think a crunchy nut or seed is delicious with this salad, if not almonds, you could try walnuts, pecans, or even pumpkin seeds!
- Make it vegan. You could easily take the parmesan cheese out and just serve the Brussels sprouts with a lemon vinaigrette.
Frequently asked questions
Is it better to eat Brussels sprouts raw or cooked?
Brussels sprouts are great for you whether you eat them raw or cooked! Chalk full of nutrients either way, eating them in moderation in a balanced diet is the best way to eat them.
Do I cut the stems off of Brussels sprouts?
While you could eat them, you’ll want to trim and discard the stems as they’re tough and very bitter.
How long does Brussels sprout salad keep?
Kept in an airtight container in the fridge, your salad will be good for up to 5 days!
More Salad REcipes
Did you try this recipe and like it? The next time you make it, snap a picture and share it to your socials! Tag @thelemonbowl and #thelemonbowl so we can admire and share your dish.
A great side dish for dinner or an easy made-ahead salad for lunches, my Brussels Sprout Salad with Lemon Parmesan Vinaigrette won’t disappoint.
Your fork is waiting.
Brussels Sprout Salad with Lemon Parmesan Vinaigrette
This raw veggie slaw is made with thinly shaved Brussels sprouts tossed in a bright lemon-parmesan vinaigrette. Great for prepping ahead!
- 1 pound Brussels Sprouts (trimmed and thinly sliced)
- 1 lemon (zest and juice)
- 2 tables،s extra ، olive oil
- 1 teas، salt
- ½ teas، pepper
- 1 clove garlic (grated)
- ¼ cup grated parmesan cheese
- ¼ cup pine nuts or toasted almonds (for added crunch (optional))
Thinly slice/shred the Brussels sprouts using a food processor with the slicing blade Alternatively, slice them thinly with a sharp chef’s knife. Place in a large bowl.
Zest the lemon directly over the bowl. Next, drizzle the shaved Brussels with olive oil, lemon juice, garlic, salt and pepper. Toss well, ideally using hands, to slightly “m،age” the vinaigrette into the Brussels.
Pre-heat oven to 350 degrees. Toast pine nuts until golden brown, about 6-7 minutes. Add toasted pine nuts and parmesan to slaw and toss once more before serving,
Prevent your screen from going dark
Serving: 1cupCalories: 203kcalCarbohydrates: 14gProtein: 8gFat: 15gSaturated Fat: 3gC،lesterol: 6mgSodium: 997mgPot،ium: 529mgFiber: 5gSugar: 4gVitamin A: 909IUVitamin C: 111mgCalcium: 124mgIron: 2mg