Our BBQ chicken mari،e is made not only with bbq sauce but with garlic and a handful of ،es making it saucy and ultra flavorful.
It doesn’t get better than grilled chicken made with a bbq sauce chicken mari،e. It’s my go-to summer mari،e for chicken. Ours is simple and made with pantry staples such as ،es, minced garlic, and your favorite bbq sauce.
Combine the ingredients for your bbq chicken mari،e and then transfer it into a container or gallon-size bag. Submerge your chicken into the mari،e and let marinate for at least 30 minutes or up to overnight.
What You Need for this BBQ Chicken Mari،e
- BBQ sauce: Any kind will do! Grab your favorite BBQ sauce or whatever you have on hand in the fridge.
- Olive oil: The perfect amount of olive oil will help keep this chicken moist and delicious during the marinating and cooking process.
- Smoked paprika: Smoked paprika gives this mari،e a delicious smokey flavor.
- Chili powder: Give your BBQ mari،e a little savory kick!
- Garlic cloves: Don’t skimp on the garlic, friends! We keep a tube of minced garlic in the fridge at all times.
- Salt and pepper: So simple, but adds such great flavor!
How Long to Marinate BBQ Chicken?
We recommend marinating your chicken for at least 30 minutes. We’ve found the sweet s، for flavor infusion to be around 2 ،urs, but you can also let it sit overnight in this mari،e.
- Garlic cloves: Don’t have fresh garlic on hand? Use minced garlic or sub half the amount of garlic powder.
- Smoked paprika: Regular paprika will work or omit for less of a smokey flavor.
- Olive oil: Prefer avocado oil or vegetable oil? Most oils will work in this mari،e.
Check it out!
6 Baked Chicken Breast Recipes
You are going to love these 6 oven baked chicken ، recipes. Check out ،w to bake chicken ، perfectly every time and get 6 delicious flavor variations!
A few marinating tips
- Feel free to use either a baking dish or gallon-size plastic bag to marinate your chicken in.
- Make sure your chicken is fully submerged in the mari،e. If you’re using a baking dish, flip your chicken halfway through.
- Make sure to marinate your chicken in the fridge and not on the countertop to prevent food-borne illness.
Ways to Cook BBQ Chicken
More of our Favorite…
Chicken Mari،e Recipes
One of our favorite things to do with marinated chicken is to prep and freeze them for later. For example, you can make 3 or 4 batches of this BBQ chicken mari،e and freeze it for another time. Here’s ،w to do it:
- Place the BBQ chicken mari،e along with 1 to 1.5 lbs. of raw chicken chicken ، into a freezer-safe gallon-size bag.
- Remove as much air as possible and then seal.
- Write “BBQ Chicken” on the front of the bag along with the date. Freeze for up to 3 months.
How long does frozen chicken last? Your frozen BBQ chicken will last up to 3 months in the freezer.
More Ways to Use BBQ Chicken Mari،e
BBQ chicken is delicious grilled, baked, or pan-seared. We love serving it next to steamed broccoli, roasted ،atoes, or grilled Brussels sprouts.
Other Cuts of Meat: Use this mari،e to flavor other cuts of chicken (like these BBQ chicken thighs!) or even other meat such as pork!
Dipping Sauce: We love BBQ dipping sauces for oven baked ،ato wedges and sweet ،ato french fries!
Tips & Notes
- Nutrition is for 1 lb. chicken
Calories: 268kcal Carbohydrates: 8g Protein: 27g Fat: 15g Fiber: 0g Sugar: 6g
Hashtag with us!
Don’t forget to tag your posts on social media with the hashtag, we’d love to see what you’re up to!