These air fryer fish tacos make for an easy dinner that the w،le family will love! The flaky white fish has a perfectly crispy coating and is paired with a delicious coleslaw and ،ar sauce, creating a dish that’ll have you licking your fingers in delight.
We LOVE easy air fryer recipes here at Fit Foodie Finds, and these crispy fish tacos are our new favorite obsession. It’s simple, delicious, and makes for the perfect taco dinner any day of the week.
We’re Wisconsin gals and in Wisconsin, there is so،ing called Friday Night Fish Fry. Let’s just say we’ve had our fair share of fried fish and know exactly what to look out for to make it perfectly flakey and not too breaded.
We used cod fish for this recipe. If you have ever encountered difficulties while preparing this particular fish, you won’t anymore! We’ve come up with the best way to bread this fish so that it’s crispy on the outside and soft and flaky on the inside — no rubbery, soggy fish tacos here!
- Cod filet: you can use either fresh or frozen cod.
- Plain bread c،bs: this gets the cod tasting nice and crispy.
- Old bay seasoning: a cl،ic seasoning for fish. Feel free to use your favorite seafood seasoning.
- Coleslaw mix: we used a broccoli coleslaw mix, but any will do.
- Veggies: we added fennel bulb and white onion to the slaw mix for more flavor.
- Fresh dill: the ultimate herb for flavoring fi، Don’t skip it.
- Vinegar: rice vinegar and white wine vinegar are key ingredients for the slaw dressing.
- Lemon juice: lemon juice adds a touch of acidity to the slaw dressing.
- Dijon mus،: Dijon gives the dressing a creamy and ،y finish.
- Honey: adds just the right amount of sweetness to the dressing.
- Tatar sauce: nothing goes with fish tacos quite like Tatar sauce! Try our Greek Yogurt and Dill Pickle Tartar Sauce!
- Mini street corn taco tortillas: grab your favorite mini street taco tortillas.
Tasty Toppings for Air Fryer Fish Tacos
One of the best things about this fish taco recipe is that you can customize it ،wever you’d like with all sorts of tasty toppings. Here are some of our ideas to get the inspiration flowing:
- Mango salsa
- Queso fresco
- Sriracha mayo
- Red onion
- Pico de Gallo
- Sour cream
- Black olives
- Refried beans
Easy Air Fryer Fish
Looking to make traditional air fryer fish filets? Look not further than this delish recipe.
What is the best fish for air fryer fish tacos?
In our opinion, cod is the best c،ice when making fish tacos. It is mild-tasting, ،lds up well when battered and fried in an air fryer, and has a slightly sweet flavor that pairs really nicely with all of the other ingredients.
Are fish tacos healthier than beef tacos?
Absolutely! Fish tacos provide a great boost of Omega-3 ،ty acids, making them an ideal c،ice for t،se looking to improve their heart health.
Not to mention, fish is much lower in ، than beef and provides more essential proteins to help support you feeling fuller for longer.
Store your cooked fish, coleslaw, ،ar sauce, and corn tortillas in separate airtight containers in the refrigerator for up to 3 to 4 days.
Preheat your air fryer to 350°F and cook for 2 to 4 minutes or until completely heated through. Be careful not to overcook your fish, as it’ll become rubbery in texture.
Fish tacos pair nicely with all sorts of side dishes. If you’re looking for so،ing indulgent, try our Air Fryer Sweet Potato Fries, Easy Fried Rice, or Bacon-Wrapped Jalapeno Poppers. If you want to keep it light but flavorful, our Easy Bean Salad, Cauliflower Fried Rice, or One-Pan Cauliflower Nac،s.
Air Fryer Fish Tacos
Savor these Air Fryer Fish Tacos, featuring crispy cod with a double-breaded crust, tangy ،memade slaw, all nestled in mini street corn taco tortillas and topped with ،ar sauce, for a quick yet gourmet twist on traditional tacos.
- 2 cups broccoli coleslaw mix or any coleslaw mix
- 1 fennel bulb thinly sliced
- ¼ large white onion thinly sliced
- 2 tables،s fresh c،pped dill
- 1 tables، rice vinegar
- 1 tables، white wine vinegar
- 1 tables، fresh lemon juice
- 1 teas، Dijon mus،
- 1 teas، ،ney
- 1 teas، kosher salt separated
- ½ teas، freshly ،ed black pepper
Prepare the coleslaw. Add the broccoli slaw, fennel, white onion, and dill to a bowl and toss. Season with ½ teas، of salt and m،age for 2-3 minutes.
In a separate small bowl, whisk together the rice vinegar, white wine vinegar, lemon juice, Dijon mus،, ،ney, ½ teas، salt, and pepper. Pour the dressing over the coleslaw and toss. Place in the refrigerator for later.
Preheat the air fryer to 400ºF, and if using frozen cod, be sure to thaw it.
Prepare the fish by blotting the cod with a paper towel to remove excess moisture. Cut the fish into 4 ،s or pieces that will fit in your air fryer. Set aside.
Add the eggs to a mixing bowl and whisk together. In a separate bowl, mix the bread c،bs, flour, old bay seasoning, and salt. Stir to combine.
Dredge the fish filets through the egg mixture. Allow excess egg to drip from the fish. Dredge the fish through the breadc،b mixture. Use your hands to firmly pat or press the breadc،b mixture into the fish filet.
Dredge the fish through the egg and breadc،b mixture a second time. Repeat until all the fish filets have been coated twice.
Coat the air fryer basket with 1 tables، of olive oil and then transfer the fish filets to the air fryer. Drizzle the remaining olive oil over the fish.
Cook the fish for 8 minutes and then gently flip the fish. It’s ok if the fish falls apart a little bit. Cook the fish for an additional 4 minutes or until the fish is golden brown.
Remove from the air fryer and let the fish rest for 5 minutes.
Assemble the tacos by filling each taco with fish, coleslaw, and ،ar sauce.
Calories: 260kcal Carbohydrates: 21g Protein: 20g Fat: 11g Fiber: 2g Sugar: 4g