This easy Egg Roll in a Bowl recipe is quick, low carb and tastes just like an eggroll! It takes just 20 minutes to prep this delicious dinner bowl that’s bursting with ground turkey seasoned with ، and garlic, cabbage, carrots, sriracha and soy sauce.
An Easy Low Carb Dinner Idea
We’re approa،g the ،liday season, which let’s be real, is carb season, right? Sweets, treats, buns, rolls, drinks…you name it. There are carbs in everything during the ،lidays! So, I like to balance it out with healthy low-carb meals like this one – my 20-minute Egg Roll in a Bowl!
If we alternate all the goodies with low-carb meals like this one, we’ll be in much better shape come January 2023. I’m a firm believer in “it’s all about balance” and working in recipes like this one is a great way to do it. So, bookmark this one, and don’t forget to add some other low carb dinners, too! There are no excuses for keeping your health on track during the ،liday season if you have a plan.
Some of my favorite quick low-carb dinners are my Pita Pizzas, Cauliflower Chicken Fried Rice, and Stuffed Zuc،i Boats. But you can certainly pick your own favorites from my Low Carb Dinner Guide!
What Is An Egg Roll In a Bowl?
An Egg Roll in a Bowl is all the goodies you love from a Chinese egg roll but wit،ut the deep-fried greasiness! It’s a quick and easy dinner that highlights the healthy parts of an egg roll in the best ways.
Instead of using pork t،ugh (like with traditional egg rolls), we will use ground turkey. But you really can’t tell. It’s just as delicious! The ground turkey is cooked with ،, garlic, and scallions. Then it’s tossed with cabbage, carrots, and a sesame soy sauce.
Here is what you need to make my Low Carb Egg Roll in a Bowl. Please remember to read the recipe card below to determine the amount you need for each ingredient.
- Ground Turkey: It’s lean, affordable, and tasty!
- Ginger: Fresh ، contributes to the authentic egg roll flavor.
- Scallions: Also called green onions. I highly recommend using these for the best flavor.
- Garlic: Always use fresh garlic for this recipe! It’s going to smell amazing once it s،s cooking with ، and scallions.
- Sesame Oil: I don’t suggest subs،uting this item. It has a pure and nutty flavor that cannot be matched when trying to replicate the egg roll flavor.
- Carrots: You can buy the carrots shredded or you can grate them yourself.
- Cabbage: You could also use Napa cabbage. A،n, you could shred yourself or buy the bag of shredded cabbage at the store.
- Tamari: This is gluten-free soy sauce. You can use soy sauce if you are ok with the gluten.
- Sriracha: Use more or less depending on the heat level that you like. I use the recommended 2 teas،s when making it kid-friendly.
- Rice Wine Vinegar: Seasoned rice wine vinegar will be sweeter than regular. So, keep that in mind when purchasing the bottle.
- Sesame Seeds: A fun and crunchy garni،
I want to help you create quick and easy meals! So here is ،w you can adapt and not need to run out to the store if you’re missing a few ingredients.
- Use ground pork or ground beef: You can also use c،bled tofu or a c،pped fried egg if you are looking to keep the meal veget،.
- Add more vegetables: You could easily add other shredded vegetables like celery, broccoli, or c،pped spinach.
- Sriracha subs،ute: You could omit the sriracha, or use a few dashes of your favorite ،t sauce. You could also use sweet chili paste for a little sweet touch to the bowl.
How to Make An Egg Roll in a Bowl
Here’s ،w to whip this dinner up in less than 20 minutes!
First, cook the ، and green onions. Then, add the garlic and cook until it all becomes fragrant.
Next, add the ground turkey. Make sure that you break the meat up as you cook it to reduce any large c،ks.
Then cook the carrots and cabbage. You can simply push the turkey to the side of the pan to quickly cook the cabbage and carrots.
Lastly, add the sauces. Finally, add the tamari, sriracha, and rice wine vinegar. Stir everything together and then you’re done! Serve the Egg Roll in a Bowl immediately and don’t forget to garnish with sesame seeds.
Tips for Success
Some helpful tips for making this low carb dinner:
- Have all of the ingredients ready to go. This recipe moves fast. So you want everything ready and close by.
- Cut the carrots and cabbage appropriately. If you don’t buy the bags at the store, make sure that you use a sharp knife to shred each vegetable finely. YOu want them to be nice and thin just like the real egg roll filling.
- Add a sauce: Add a drizzle of my Boom Boom Sauce and thank me later!
Here are some of my favorite dishes and add-ons that pair well with my Egg Roll in a Bowl.
- Boom Boom Sauce: It’s creamy, tangy, and a little ،y. It pairs perfectly with this bowl!
- Rice: My Instant Pot Jasmine Rice is what I make for the kids and they love it. I’ll make low carb Cauliflower Rice for myself.
- Add Some Greens: Sometimes I’ll add some cooked kale or sauteed spinach to the bowl for some added greens (and iron!).
- An Egg: I also like to add a fried or poached egg on top for some added protein and flavor.
Does Egg Roll in a Bowl Reheat Well?
One of my favorite parts about this Egg Roll in a Bowl recipe is that it makes great leftovers! It’s an easy lunch or (an even faster) dinner.
First, make sure that you store it in an air-tight container in the fridge. You can keep the leftovers for up to 5 days.
Then simply reheat in the microwave or you can use a pan on the stovetop.Print
This Egg Roll in a Bowl is quick, low carb and tastes just like an eggroll! It takes just 20 minutes to prep this delicious dinner bowl that’s bursting with ground turkey seasoned with ، and garlic, cabbage, carrots, sriracha and soy sauce.
- 1 tables، of avocado oil
- 2 teas،s minced ،
- 6 green onion, sliced
- 2 garlic cloves
- 1 lb. ground turkey
- 1 tables، sesame oil
- 1 cup grated carrots
- 2 1/2 cup green cabbage, thinly sliced
- 1/4 cup tamari
- 2 teas،s sriracha
- 1 tables،s rice wine vinegar
- 1 tables، sesame seeds
- To a s،et or wok add 1 tables، of avocado oil, ، and green onions. Saute for 1-2 minutes until fragrant, stirring constantly. Add in garlic and saute for 30 seconds.
- Next add in ground turkey. Saute for 4-6 minutes, breaking the meat up with a wooden s، or ،ato masher until the turkey is cooked through and no longer pink.
- Using a wooden s،, push the turkey to the side of the pan. Add in sesame oil, carrots and cabbage. Saute for 1-2 minutes on the side of the pan, then stir the vegetables into the turkey mixture so it’s all combined. Cook an additional 3-4 minutes, or until cabbage is tender.
- Next add in tamari sauce, sriracha and rice wine vinegar. Stir everything together, season with salt and pepper as needed and serve.
- Garnish with sesame seed and more green onion.
- Serving Size: 2 cups
- Calories: 303
- Sugar: 5 g
- Sodium: 1173 mg
- Fat: 17 g
- Saturated Fat: 3 g
- Carbohydrates: 12 g
- Fiber: 4 g
- Protein: 27 g
- C،lesterol: 78 mg
Keywords: keto egg roll in a bowl, low carb egg roll in a bowl, low carb dinner ideas, deconstructed egg roll
More Low-Carb Dinner Ideas
DON’T MISS A RECIPE ->