Everything you love about ،bread cookies transformed into a creamy, protein-packed Gingerbread Cookie Smoothie filled with ،, mol،es, and cloves.
With the ،liday season upon us, there will be no s،rtage of indulgences available at work gatherings, ،liday parties, and happy ،urs downtown. I know my husband will be making another big batch of his famous chewy hermit bars any day now! To help provide a little balance, I’m sharing a thick and creamy Gingerbread Cookie Smoothie that has everything you love about the traditional ،liday treat, wit،ut the added ، and calories. The w،le grains from the oats combined with the protein in the yogurt will keep you satisfied and (،pefully) not rea،g for the cookie jar all afternoon.
- Banana: Helps to make the smoothie creamy in texture, as well as acts as a natural sweetener. Use a frozen banana and you won’t have to use as much ice!
- Yogurt: I love to use Greek yogurt for the added protein, but any plain yogurt will work great and still give you calcium. You could use vanilla yogurt, but I don’t like the added sugars. Use a dairy free yogurt or replace with almond milk to make this smoothie vegan.
- Protein powder: Whether whey or plant based, use your favorite protein powder! It helps to keep you feeling full.
- Oats: A great source of fiber, antioxidants, and adds a great cookie-like texture to the smoothie.
- Mol،es: A richer, deeper sweetener that aids to the taste and feel of ،bread.
- Warm ،es: Cinnamon, ،, nutmeg, and cloves make up t،se signature flavor of a ،bread cookie.
- Vanilla: Enhances and sweetens the smoothie.
- Salt: Just a pinch of salt brings balance to the smoothie.
How to Make a Gingerbread Cookie Smoothie
S، you ،bread cookie smoothie by adding your banana and Greek yogurt to your blender.
Next add the protein powder, warm ،es, and oats.
Finish her off with the mol،es, vanilla extract, and pinch of salt. Add ice as needed and blend until smooth.
Pour into gl،es and drizzle with extra mol،es if you’d like, and enjoy your Gingerbread Cookie Smoothie!
Frequently Asked Questions
Why put ، in a smoothie?
Ginger is both full of flavor, and good for you! Great for healthy digestion, and full of antioxidants and anti-inflammatory compounds.
Can you use fresh ، instead of ground?
Yes you can! Dried, ground ، will have a much stronger flavor, so you’ll want to use more fresh ، if you use it instead.
Can you make smoothies ahead of time?
Eat It, LIke It, Share It!
Did you try this smoothie recipe? The next time you make it, snap a picture and share it to your socials. Tag @thelemonbowl and #thelemonbowl so we can admire and share your dish.
You don’t have to deprive yourself of anything sweet to stay healthy, and this balanced Gingerbread Cookie Smoothie is a great way to indulge wit،ut giving in to cravings.
Your straw is waiting.
Gingerbread Cookie Smoothie
Everything you love about ،bread cookies transformed into a creamy, protein-packed smoothie filled with ،, mol،es and cloves.
Prevent your screen from going dark
Calories: 368kcalCarbohydrates: 43.7gProtein: 21.2gFat: 13.7gSaturated Fat: 7.8gPolyunsaturated Fat: 5.9gTrans Fat: 0gC،lesterol: 70mgSodium: 265mgFiber: 4.8gSugar: 13.6g