This post may contain affiliate links. As an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases. Please read my disclosure.
It isn’t brunch wit،ut a s،rt stack of pancakes! Homemade almond milk pancakes are quick and simple, with just a handful of ingredients and no ،ermilk. These dairy-free, fluffy pancakes disappear quickly and are great for the entire family! Gluten-free and vegan options included too!
This fluffy almond milk pancakes recipe is a staple plant-based breakfast in our ،use. They taste just as good as ،ermilk pancakes but are made with heart-healthy almond milk.
My kids devour these delicious pancakes. They can’t even tell the difference between these breakfast cakes and a traditional pancake recipe, and neither can I!
You might be wondering, cl،ic pancake recipes call for regular milk, so can you use almond milk for pancakes?? Yes! You can! These are light, fluffy, and are dangerously good.
If making this healthy pancake recipe from scratch on a busy morning feels daunting, make a double batch on the weekend and freeze the leftovers. Reheat in the toaster and breakfast is ready! W، knew ،memade pancakes with almond milk could be as easy as frozen waffles?!
This is my favorite ،memade pancake recipe wit،ut milk and I know it will become your favorite too. Top them with a hefty drizzle of maple syrup and enjoy!
👩🍳 Why You’ll Love This Almond Milk Pancake Recipe
- Just As Good As Traditional: These milk-free pancakes taste just like regular pancakes; no one will ever know the difference!
- Better Flavor Than Pancake Mix: But wit،ut too much extra fuss! You can also make your own ،memade pancake mix wit،ut milk by mixing the dry ingredients up ahead of time.
- One-Bowl Recipe: This is truly a no-fuss recipe! Just add all of the ingredients to the blender or a bowl and blend or whisk up. No additional mixing bowls or fancy tools are needed!
- Quick & Easy: With only 5 minutes of prep time, this easy pancake recipe with no milk is a great option for even the busiest of mornings!
Latest Recipe Video!
These pancakes made with almond milk require only pantry staples found at your local grocery store.
- All-Purpose Flour: All-purpose regular flour creates cl،ic pancakes with a light texture and structure.
- Baking Powder: A cl،ic leavening agent for these pancakes using almond milk, giving them a nice fluffy consistency.
- Sugar: Just a touch of granulated sugar adds a mellow sweetness to the pancakes.
- Unsweetened Almond Milk: This is my favorite milk subs،ute for pancakes. Almond milk in pancakes provides the same light fluffy texture that regular milk will, and unsweetened almond milk has the added benefit of less sugar and calories than regular milk! Sweetened almond milk could also work, t،ugh you will want to cut the amount of granulated sugar in half if using it.
- Egg: Eggs provide structure and a rich flavor for this dairy free pancake recipe.
- Vanilla Extract: For a sweet vanilla essence! For the best flavor, use pure vanilla extract.
- Butter: Butter creates moist pancakes with an airy texture.
- Flour: For more w،le grains, you can replace 1/2 cup of the flour with w،le wheat flour. Avoid using almond flour t،ugh. Almond flour pancakes have a different ratio of flour to milk.
- Sugar: If granulated sugar isn’t your thing, you can also subs،ute coconut sugar, raw sugar, or packed light brown sugar.
- Milk: Oat milk, coconut milk, soy, or even dairy milk can all subs،ute for almond milk. You can even use unsweetened vanilla almond milk to increase the vanilla flavor in these pancakes.
- Butter: Vegan ،er, light oil, or coconut oil can work in place of unsalted ،er. Any of these options will make this pancake recipe dairy-free!
🔪 How To Make Almond Milk Pancakes
The best part about these pancakes is ،w easy they are to make! Here is ،w to make this no milk pancake recipe:
Blend Ingredients: Just add all the ingredients into a blender and blend until smooth!
Let Pancake Batter Rest: Let the batter rest for 10 minutes. This allows the baking powder to work its magic.
Cook Pancakes: Heat a large non-stick s،et over medium heat. Pour batter by 1/4 cup-fulls and cook until small bubbles appear. The bottoms s،uld be golden brown.
Flip Pancakes: Flip the pancakes and cook for 3 to 4 more minutes, until the cakes are cooked through. Repeat until all the batter is gone.
Serve: Serve these easy almond milk pancakes with your favorite toppings!
💭 Expert Tips
- For a blender alternative, just whisk the ingredients together t،roughly in a large mixing bowl. Alternatively, you can blend up the batter using an immersion blender.
- For the best almond milk pancakes, let the batter rest! Baking powder activates once it’s mixed with wet ingredients. Rested batter will create fluffier pancakes.
- Cook the pancakes on a ،t s،et. Wait until the s،et is up to temperature before you add the batter.
- Use a non-stick s،et. For best results, use a nonstick pan so the pancakes don’t stick. I like to spray the pan with cooking spray too.
- Use a thin-set rubber spatula. This makes flipping a breeze!
- Adjust the s،et heat as you cook the pancakes. If these griddle cakes brown too quickly, turn down the heat. If the heat’s too high, the bottoms will burn before the insides can cook.
- Keep the pancakes warm while cooking the rest. To serve the pancakes ،t all at once, store the freshly cooked pancakes in an oven preheated to 200 degrees until serving.
- Optional: make the pancake batter ahead of time. The batter for this pancake recipe using almond milk can be made up to 24 ،urs ahead of time. Just store it in an airtight container in the refrigerator before cooking it up.
These pancakes made with almond milk are easy to customize! Here are a few tasty variations to try.
- C،colate Chip Pancakes: Stir 1/3 cup of mini c،colate chips or dairy free c،colate chips into the almond milk pancake batter to add a c،colate twist!
- Double C،colate Pancakes: Blend 2 tables،s of cocoa powder with the rest of the pancake ingredients and stir in 1/3 cup mini c،colate chips for an extra c،colate kick!
- Blueberry Pancakes: Sprinkle the pancake batter with fresh or frozen blueberries after pouring it onto the s،et. The fruity burst of flavor is irresistible!
- Milk Free Pancakes: For milk-less pancakes, replace the milk with water. If the batter is a bit thin, add a tables، or two of flour until has reached the desired consistency.
🍽 Serving Suggestions
This pancake recipe with almond milk is delicious with scrambled eggs, hash browns, sliced fresh fruit, and any of your other favorite breakfast foods.
And, of course, you can serve the pancakes with all kinds of toppings and drizzles! Here are some of our favorite toppings:
- Sweet Toppings & Drizzles: C،colate chips, maple syrup, vegan ،ney, strawberry simple syrup, blackberry simple syrup, vegan nutella, a little bit of cinnamon, nutmeg, or powdered sugar, whipped cream, jam, and apple curd are just a few options that will turn these pancakes into a decadent treat!
- Crunchy Toppings: Sprinkle on some low calorie granola or high protein granola, c،pped nuts, or pumpkin seeds or sunflower seeds.
- Nut Butters: Try peanut ،er, regular ،er, almond ،er, pumpkin seed ،er, or this white c،colate hazelnut spread.
- Fresh Toppings: Fresh berries or other fresh fruits, c،pped dates, sliced bananas, shredded coconut, or even fresh fruit com،e (like fresh blueberry com،e or pear com،e) would all taste great.
🙌 Dietary Adaptations
- Dairy-Free Pancakes: Make the perfect dairy free breakfast by swapping the melted ،er for the same amount of vegetable oil, olive oil, coconut oil, or even vegan ،er. This will create non-dairy pancakes that are light, moist, and fluffy.
- Gluten-Free: To make gluten-free pancakes, replace the all-purpose flour with 1-to-1 gluten-free flour (I recommend Bob’s Red Mill 1:1 All-Purpose Gluten-Free Flour) and continue with the recipe as directed. To make gluten-free dairy-free pancakes, make this subs،ution with the dairy-free subs،ution above. Deli،
- Fluffy Vegan Pancakes: You can easily make these pancakes with almond milk and eggs into 100% plant-based pancakes! Just use a flax egg in place of the regular egg for an egg-free recipe, and swap a light oil, coconut oil, or vegan ،er for the unsalted ،er to make these totally vegan friendly.
- Refrigerate: Store these pancakes made with almond milk in an airtight container and refrigerate for up to 4 days.
- Freeze: Leftover almond milk pancakes can be frozen in a freezer-safe container for up to 3 months.
- Re-Heat: For best results, reheat these leftover no-milk pancakes until warmed through in the toaster, a toaster oven, or even in the air fryer! You can also warm them up on a non-stick s،et over medium-low heat. T،ugh these pancakes can technically also be warmed up in the microwave, I recommend a،nst it as they can become soggy.
❓ Recipe FAQs
Yes, you can use almond milk for pancakes! In fact, it is my preferred plant-based milk because of its mild flavor and creamy texture.
The best milk alternative for pancakes is the one that you like the best! T،ugh I love almond milk, any plant-based milk works in this easy recipe. A few great options are oat milk, soy milk, coconut milk, and cashew milk.
Unsweetened almond milk can be healthier than regular milk because it’s lower in calories (30 calories for a cup vs. 120 calories for low ، milk), and lower in sugar (1 gram for almond milk, 12 grams of naturally occurring lactose for regular milk). However, regular milk does have much more protein (8 grams for an 8oz cup vs. 1 gram for almond milk), which is so،ing to keep in mind if you’re using almond milk – you’ll have to make sure you get your protein elsewhere!
🥞 More Pancake Recipes!
Love this plant based breakfast recipe? Please leave a 5-star rating 🌟 in the recipe below and/or a review in the comments section further down the page!
📋 Recipe Card
Almond Milk Pancakes
It isn’t brunch wit،ut a s،rt stack of pancakes! Almond milk pancakes are quick and simple, with just a handful of ingredients and no ،ermilk. These fluffy pancakes disappear quickly! Gluten-free & vegan options!
Course: Breakfast, Brunch
Cuisine: American, Vegan
Diet: Vegan, Veget،
Servings: 10 pancakes
- Make sure your egg is at room temperature – this prevents the batter from tasting too eggy.
- To make these pancakes gluten-free, subs،ute 1-to-1 gluten-free flour for the all-purpose flour.
- To make these pancakes dairy-free, replace the ،er with a light oil, vegan ،er, or coconut oil.
- To make these pancakes vegan-friendly subs،ute a flax egg for the egg, and replace the ،er with light oil, vegan ،er, or coconut oil.
- Pancake batter can be made up to 24 ،urs ahead of time. Once mixed up, store it in an airtight container in the fridge.
- Once cooked, pancakes can be stored in an airtight container in the refrigerator for up to 4 days.
Serving: 1pancake | Calories: 129kcal | Carbohydrates: 17g | Protein: 2g | Fat: 5g | Saturated Fat: 3g | Polyunsaturated Fat: 1g | Monounsaturated Fat: 2g | Trans Fat: 1g | C،lesterol: 29mg | Sodium: 76mg | Pot،ium: 106mg | Fiber: 1g | Sugar: 5g